Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rubbermaid trunk

I always try to give credit where credit is due. Katoranger from ChinaRiders was the first person that I saw using the Rubbermaid ActionPacker for a trunk.

I really like the utilitarian look as I think a sculptured motorcycle trunk looks out of place on a enduro bike.
























This is my version of the Wal-Mart trunk.












I mounted it just behind the upright bar on the luggage rack.











I considered cutting off the upright so I could move the ActionPacker foward to sit on the luggage rack instead of hanging off the back. Two problems with that would be,
1. the Action Packer might have to be removed to get the seat off the bike.
2. I think the ActionPacker would be too far forward and I would hit it with my foot when I throw my leg over the bike.
I used U-bolts to mount the trunk but I need to mount a plate under it as about half of it is not supported by the rack.

No comments: